GM Performance Parts brings us their “Factory Stock” Circle Track crate engines in the form of a 350 cu. in. HO with an approximately 9.1:1 compression, 350 hp at 5,000 rpm, and 390 ft./lbs. of torque at 3,800 rpm. These 4-bolt main engines have a recommended max rpm of 5,500. These are factory-sealed crate engine packages, complete with high-rise dual plane intake manifolds, stamped steel valve covers with racing-style breathers, and 8 quart single kickout circle track racing oil pans. Parts used in these engine assemblies are 4-bolt main/1-piece rear main seal blocks, nodular cast iron crankshafts, powdered metal connecting rods, and cast aluminum pistons. Installed camshafts are hydraulic flat tappet with .435 in. intake lift and .460 in. exhaust lift with a 212 degree open duration intake, and 222 degree open duration exhaust lobes at .050 in. ground with a 112.5-lobe centerline. Standard Morse link timing chains are installed. Cylinder heads are Vortec cast iron style with 64cc chambers, and 170cc intake runners with 1.94 in. intake valves and 1.50 in. exhaust valves.
This is a factory sealed crate engine designed for circle track competition. these engines come with a high rise dual plane intake manifold, stamped steel valve covers with racing style breathers, and an 8 quart dual kick out oil pan.
Based on the “Fast Burn 385″ street engine, this racing crate engine is a great value with it’s 1053 forged steel crankshaft, aluminum heads with 2.00″/1.55″ valves, and hydraulic roller lifters.
The base engine is a Fast Burn 385 with the following parts changes: 8 quart circle track oil pan,special valve covers with breathers,1.5 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms. Sealed fasteners on intake and cylinder heads.
Engine specs as follows:
* Horsepower- 400 @ 5500 r.p.m.
* Torque- 400 @ 4500 r.p.m.
* Max. Recommended r.p.m. 5800
* Compression ratio- 9.6:1
* Block- 10105123 four bolt main, cast iron.
* Crankshaft- 12556307 Forged steel
* Connecting Rods- 10108688 powdered metal
* Pistons- 10159436 high silicon aluminum with offset pins.
* Piston Rings- 12528817, Moly top, cast second
* Camshaft- 10185071 hydraulic roller- .474″ intake lift, .510″ Exhaust Lift, Duration @ .050′- 208 Intake, 221 Exhaust,Lobe C/L-112
* Cylinder Heads-Fast Burn Aluminum (Similar in design to LT4 Corvette head) 2.00″ hollow stem intake, 1.55″ sodium filled exhaust, 64cc heart shaped chambers
* Valve Springs- 12551483 LT4 Chrome Silicon
* Intake Manifold- 12496822 Aluminum high rise, Single plane, with square bore carb. bolt pattern
* Distributor- NOT INCLUDED
* Spark Plugs- Delco MR43LTS or R42LTS gapped at .045″
* Fuel- 92 Octane
Melonized (hardened) distributor gear must be used on distributor to prevent engine damage.